Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Lives of Others

This is not a review. I have seen this movie and liked it, but this has been like 2 years ago. So, this is not the issue. The issue here is why I think today that this movie is one of the greatest movies ever made. Actually, the titles says it all: The Lives of Others... You sit and watch people living their lives, over and over. It doesn't matter if you do it intentionally or not, but in most cases, if you happen to fall in this category, you will end up with one thing and one thing only: people will go on living their lives, and you end up in the dust they stir as they move.

So, my advice to you, dear reader: live your life. Go on with your life, do something about it, and don't just stand there perfectly happy with your bird's eye view. You are not happy, even if you tell yourself this every night. Life will not wait for you because she is busy with the others who are living their lives. The shopkeeper loves the paying customer, not the guy who spends his time looking at the stands and other customers.

To the people who are living their lives: I don't envy you, I wish you the best. And I hope that you too wish me the best.

3 comments:

Amorphous Snake said...

Just to note: the movie has much more symbolism that what I have just mentioned. I am only describing what I was feeling today.

Falcon said...

glad you enjoyed it, its been a while since you mentioned a moive in your blog.

i recently watched Valentine's Day (IN THE THEATER) email on that in your inbox, for the sake of saving face :S

Amorphous Snake said...

Actually, I didn't mean to talk about the movie at all.

I only mentioned it because of the title.