Tuesday, June 2, 2009

E3 2009: EA Conference

The conference was great. I skipped the Mass Effect 2 presentation as I haven’t played the first and I didn’t want spoilers. The Dragon Age cinematic was good, but the Star Wars: The Old Republic CGI trailer was just amazing! It could have been aired as a 3 minute animated episode like the original Clone Wars TV series. It was that good. And to quote Gametrailers, “This is better than Episodes I-III put together!”

Dante’s Inferno seems to be going on nicely. If X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a God of War-rip off, then Dante’s Inferno is actually a perfect target for legal action from Sony! Sony even admitted it and they said that they welcome the competition.

APB had great graphics but I am not into MMO games.

There was a massive section about light casual girly games (real girly games, no jokes here), Wii and iPhone games and finally EA Sports. I really don’t care for any of these things.

The Saboteur trailer is the same one I saw yesterday, it’s really stylized, but when they showed gameplay, I lost my interest. The game needs more work to distinguish itself from other games. It really feels like Mercenaries, with a little GTA here and there.

Brutal Legend seems amazing, if only it was coming to the PC.

Speaking of the PC, Crytek’s CEO made the Crysis 2 announcement, which I predicted in my E3 prediction page (yay!), and it’s going multiplatform but with each version taking advantage of its platform. There was no trailers or screenshots, but he said that more info will be available later this year.

No comments: